Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Wise Counties Greatest Non- Investigated Ripoff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Wise Counties Greatest Non- Investigated Ripoff

    Our very own Social Services System.

    If you work for a living your screwed.

    Never work generationial user of the system or have 4 kids by 4 different men.

    Live good and free. Courtesy of the Wise County Social Services, foodstamps, medicaid, fuel assitance, vehicle, you name it Wise County Social Services will pay for it. Well as long as you have never worked or know how to use the system and abuse it.
    And if you don't, those at Social Services, will tell you how to abuse the system. And make it all legal.

    No matter who lives with you or how much you lie.

    Those in Wise County and the State of Virginia, will pay for you to do what you want.

    If you can't make it work, those at Social Services will tell you how, to make it work, and how to get it all for free.

    But only if you can play the game. Because they never investigate or look into anything. Job Security.

    If you ever worked for a living, had kids who needed help, who all had the same father. Or if you were just honest. Some thing that gets no respect or help.

    Well your screwed.
    You the honest taxpayer have to lose every thing to be eligible. Get it. Tell the truth or be a tax paying person of the County and get sick or can't work. You have to lose everything to be eligible for aid.

    Yet no investigations, internal or by our great Wise County Commonwealth Attorney or Special Prosecutors.

    Yet they want to help Wise County.
    Yeah i believe they do also.

    Yet they all avoid investigating the biggest rip off Wise County has. Why? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise Counties Greatest Non- Investigated Ripoff

    That would cover the whole country. Bring someone to "DO the jobs the Americans won't" let them go to the hospitals where they HAVE to be cared for and file bankruptrucy and sign up for all the free stuff going. Texas is a pipeline, go George! , get bored watch their news. You can't put a drop of oil on the ground, but the Mexican companies laugh when they cut costs by dumping stuff in the river in sight of the US. Our Government is so good.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Counties Greatest Non- Investigated Ripoff

    Whoa! Do not blame the whole group of people that work at SS. My mother works there and I can tell you for a fact that she is by the book. If they do not qualify then they do not get it and the only thing she tells them is what is legal. You better make sure you know exactly what you are talking about before you put all the people down that work there. There are a great number of good people that work there that cannot do anything for those that need the help because of the regulations that are laid down by the state and national government. You need to look at the legislation that they must abide by and then lay some blame. My mom never can tell us anything about work but I can tell that often there are cases that really hurt her that she either had to give something to a freeloader or she could not help someone that really needs it. It upsets me that you would blame the whole department for some things that they cannot control. I do agree though that there is fraud going on so lets get it investigated until then the majority of those good people that work there have there hands tied.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Counties Greatest Non- Investigated Ripoff

    well, UKcats thank you....I work at Social Services, and while it is not in the eligibility department I do know there are some limitations, and no you don't get all of that for life. And I can tell you that my department does investigate...THATS MY JOB, that is what I do, that is all I do. I am one of 5 that do investigations in my unit. That is all they do as well. I may not work in that department but I do resent that I basically was called useless and it was said that all I do is tell people how to do things illegally.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Counties Greatest Non- Investigated Ripoff

    Craes,

    I think LPD is just trying to take a shot more at them investigating the poor things in Appy and not so much at you.

    That being said, ouch LPD, open mouth, insert foot.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Counties Greatest Non- Investigated Ripoff

    I'm not taking a crack at anyone out there. But if people really do investigate this stuff, then why can't they see when they give certain people free crap, and free money, all that fun stuff, they stay drunk and drugged up..
    it kills me, i lived next to people on the system for 20 years. Everything they got, went into drugs, alcohol, and other things. Never worked a day in their life, never did anything, and get all that crap... something isn't being investigated, and I dont care what anyone says, or something would be done...
    Once again, this isn't directed to anyone on this board, the whole program in general

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Counties Greatest Non- Investigated Ripoff

    Not saying that there isn't a ton of cases where people take advantage of it, there is. Like some said, they know there are people like that, they know that people who need it are turned down at times, and more likely due to people who do abuse it.

    Honestly I'd love to know more about the legislation of it and such, like was said earlier.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Counties Greatest Non- Investigated Ripoff

    Have you ever reported any other this there are investigators on both side for that....I am not saying that it is a perfect system and I am not saying that people don't abuse the system, I am not even saying I don't leave my work ticked off because of the people that do abuse the system. But no matter what kind of system you have some people will find ways to take advantage. There are people out there that had assistance, didn't abuse it and now are professionals making decent money and supporting their families.

    Rock there may be some info on it somewhere online. I know that the code of Virginia is online, I know what I do is detailed in the law. I have to follow law and we all have state madates to go by.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise Counties Greatest Non- Investigated Ripoff

    No i have seen it a number of times and after working almost 27 years day in day out in all kind of conditions. Even while i was in high school.
    Yeah it gets real old.
    Walked into a pharmacy yesterday. Here is two women chatting. One is upset because some one at S.S. didn't tell her about more free things she could get. Because they usually tell me every time i update my information.
    But she just got through talking about how her man, who works for a local company, made $68,000 dollars a year and his bonus was not as much as they were hoping.
    And they decided not to get married, because it would actual hurt them, with what she received vs. being married and him having to pay for insurance and the regular bills. We wouldn't have the money to enjoy what we want to.
    Yet she had 2 kids tearing the place down. Never says a word to them.
    Continues about all she has coming in from S.S. and is pissed because she missed one freebe.
    She goes to the counter gets four prescriptions and pays nothing.
    Goes out side gets in a almost brand new Ford truck and is gone.
    Sorry Craes and Cats, i didn't say it was everyone who works there, but something is wrong, sorry guys but if it pisses you off, then be pissed off.
    That is wrong and if anyone is investigating it. Why is there no one being caught or dealt with. You never see or hear about it. Do you?
    And no Rocket no foot in mouth. just tired of paying for those who don't need it.
    And has not a thing to do with Appy. Just a person who has worked for 27 years to see others abuse it, while those who need it are turned away.
    And knowing that if i ever needed it. I'd have to lose everything i've worked for, before i would be eligible.
    If you all think that is right. Wait till you need it or call and ask them.
    I did. I was told straight out. You wouldn't qualify unless you sold your house, one of your vehicles, you may be able to use one as a mandatory need, or might possibly be able to have it all put in another persons name. And your reportable income would have to be less than some amount.
    Don't sound like some tell you how to do it?
    As you younger one's work and pay and see your days in the sun sink further away, looking toward retirement, well hope your saving a million or so, you will understand then and be just as pissed.
    But right now you can just say, oh a person upset about this and that.
    Give it another 10 years and see if your saying that.
    Or if you fall into desperate times and need it.
    It's wrong and you know it. Some just like to not hear it or say anything. That in some ways is what is wrong with our country and our county now.
    We won't speak up to the injustices that go on. And as long as we all accept it, will it ever change. No.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise Counties Greatest Non- Investigated Ripoff

    Ok so what I just read here was:

    You walked into a store, latch onto some stranger's conversation, listened to the whole conversation, watch her pay for her purchases, count her purchases, note the fact that money did or did not change hands, followed her to the parking lot and watched what kind of vehicle she got in to and its relative age.

    I'd be a bit creeped out if a strange man hung around me for that length of time.... lol

    But I digress.

    Yes there are abuses, and there are what I'd like to call legal abuses. This woman is working the system. What she's doing is wrong ethically, but technically allowed (unless she is living with this guy and lied about the "meal sharing status" she has with him).

    One abuse that's technically legal but ethically horrible is spittin' out babies for checks. Keep that Medicaid. Keep that WIC. Keep that welfare without going back to work.
    One of my assistants in Blacksburg came into the office one day fuming. She was on the bus coming to work and overheard a conversation that started "Girrrrrlll I got to get me a man and have a nother baby my check is bout to run out"

    In my opinion, the rules are just too screwed up. But the DSS workers are obligated to go by the rules, even if it annoys the snot out of them that they have to hand checks to people that they know are lazy.

    And like with any business on the face of the earth, there are some less then perfectly ethical workers. I had a cousin that was laid off(as was her husband) and she went to apply for assistance. They owned their home. Had a vehicle. No kids.
    The worker told them "sorry, can't help you. but if you go get pregnant and come back I can give you about anything you want/need." (My cousin declined the words of advice.)

    The folks doing the investigating are worked to the bones trying to fix these problems, but it's never ending. One problem is solved and 3 or 4 more pop up.

    To be honest, the only way to "fix it' is to tear it down and start over again (if even that will fix it.).

    I wish there was a requirement, that for food stamps (for instance) you have to work at least 20 hours a week community service in a court approved location in order to receive them. Food stamps are supposed to be a temporary assistance, but as we all know some people are just too lazy to even work for their own food (?? I couldn't even imagine doing that), and find away around that 'temporary' part. Can't find a job Mrs./Mr. Smith? That's ok.. the Food Bank needs help unloading trucks this week...Hope House thrift stores need volunteers.. etc.

    And I do think that the hard workers do get the shaft a lot of times. I work like I do because I feel it's necessary as an educated adult to be self sufficient - pay for my own needs and wants. However, if I lost one of my three jobs I would not be eligible for assistance of any kind, as my income would still be too high (translation - sorry - you're a childless worker - go get another job and pay taxes to pay for these breeders).

    http://www.dss.virginia.gov/benefit/

    And let us remember, there are some that the system really does help.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •